Is Your AC Stressed by High Humidity?
High humidity can be a real stressor for your air conditioning system. It leads to several problems that can affect your AC unit’s performance, efficiency, and lifespan. If you live in a place with high humidity levels, it’s essential to understand how humidity affects your AC and what steps you can take to reduce the stress on your system.
Suter Air Conditioning Inc. is one of the leading AC companies in The Villages, FL. Our well-trained and licensed professionals have the adequate knowledge and experience to offer efficient solutions to all your HVAC needs. Call us or visit our website to schedule your AC installation in The Villages, FL, and all surrounding areas.
The following are the effects of high humidity on different parts of your AC unit:
- Energy consumption: When the air is moist, it takes more energy to cool it down, leading to higher electricity bills and reduced efficiency. If your AC unit generates higher than expected energy bills, contact us to schedule your AC replacement in The Villages, FL.
- Freeze-ups: High humidity levels can cause the coils in your AC unit to freeze, reducing airflow and leading to other significant problems.
- Wear and tear: Excess moisture can cause corrosion and rust, damaging the internal components and reducing the lifespan of your AC system.
- Mold and mildew: High humidity levels can cause mold and mildew to grow inside your AC unit, which can be a health hazard and cause unpleasant musty odors.
- Clogged air filters: High humidity levels can cause dust, dirt, and other pollutants to accumulate in the air filters, clogging them and reducing airflow. Clogged air filters can lead to decreased efficiency and reduced cooling power.
- Increased condensation: Excess moisture in the air can cause increased condensation on the coils, leading to water damage and other problems down the line.
- Motor strain: The increased load caused by high humidity levels can strain the motor and other components, reducing efficiency and increasing the risk of breakdowns.
How To Reduce The Stress On Your AC System
- Use a dehumidifier: A dehumidifier removes excess moisture from the air and helps keep the humidity levels in your home at a comfortable level.
- Ensure ventilation: Good ventilation helps prevent mold and mildew from growing inside your AC unit.
- Invest in a high-quality AC unit: Look for features such as anti-corrosion coatings, rust-resistant components, and high-efficiency coils.
- Regular maintenance: Scheduling routine maintenance with our professional can help ensure your AC system is functioning at peak efficiency and prevent problems caused by high humidity.
Contact Suter Air Conditioning Inc. for professional AC installation and replacement services in The Villages, FL, and the surrounding areas high humidity can be a real stressor for your AC system. By understanding how humidity affects your AC and taking steps to reduce the stress, you can keep your AC system running smoothly, efficiently, and for a longer extended period.