Tired of constantly having to call companies for an AC repair in the villages? Then maybe it’s finally time to replace your old air conditioning system and get a new one. An old AC system might be doing its job on its last leg, but it is also inviting some problems that you’re unaware of.
Did you know that, on average, you spend around 6% of your household energy on cooling? You’d be spending much more if your AC system was getting too cold. With adequate air conditioning service in The Villages, these systems normally last roughly 15 years. Air conditioners that are more than a decade old were not built to meet contemporary efficiency criteria in the first place and might be losing their efficiency. When you encounter frequent repairs or outages, you may need to install a new AC before then.
Know About All Signs That Indicate You May Want To Replace Your Old AC System:
AC Is Older Than It’s Due
- Top technicians who offer HVAC repair in The Villages estimate the life span of AC’s to be 12 – 15 years old. Anything older is only increasing your electricity bills without performing to its full capacity. Old HVAC systems use up more electricity and power to try and compensate for the loss of efficiency.
- Regular maintenance through AC tune-ups in The Villages may help with the smooth functioning of your AC, and may even extend its life span by a year or two. If you detect a severe problem early on, consider switching to a more efficient model. The expense of replacement is frequently outweighed by the difference in energy efficiency and operational expenses. You’ll have all the information you need to decide whether prolonging repairs or acquiring a new unit is the most cost-effective option for your household.
High Energy Bills
- If your energy expenses look abnormally high during the summer, it’s most likely due to an inefficient air conditioner. This is another clue that your air conditioner needs to be replaced.
- New ENERGY STAR air conditioners are cost-effective as well as environmentally friendly. They are highly recommended by experts in HVAC repair. A new air conditioner decreases your monthly energy bill, whether you update to save money on energy or reduce your environmental effect.
Your AC Makes Unusual Sounds
- Many people are alarmed by strange noises coming from their central air conditioner. Strange noises, such as grinding or scraping, indicate that something isn’t quite right.
- If these issues are not addressed quickly and feasibly by an AC repair in The Villages, the air conditioner system may suffer severe harm. You should handle the strange noises as soon as possible to avoid a complete shutdown of your air conditioner system, as well as the annoyance and costs involved with being without air conditioning. Your AC shouldn’t be making any noise at all, especially if it is new.
Technician Visits Have Increased Recently
- Annual maintenance checkups by air conditioning service are always recommended. However, if these visits have become so frequent that you see them once or twice every month, something is off. Your system is at its end of life as service calls, and maintenance expenditures grow increasingly frequently.
- Replacing your air conditioner saves you money and keeps you from having to deal with a breakdown. It also saves the money you’ve been spending on repairs. No one likes to be without air conditioning, so give it the attention it needs right now.
Warm Air Blows Out Of The AC
- At first glance, the air streaming out appears to be warm. Something may be wrong with your central air conditioner if it is pumping warm air. A broken compressor, among other things, might be at blame.
- An abrupt dip in airflow is also noticeable. The ducting or the compressor of the unit are two of the most common sources of this problem. You could detect a weird smell emanating from the vents of your air conditioner because of this as well. Furthermore, this smell might suggest a major problem, such as mold, that might jeopardize your and your home’s health.
No Response To The Thermostat
- If your thermostat isn’t working properly, you may find that specific portions of your home aren’t getting enough cooling. The thermostat controls the temperature of the air conditioner and instructs it when to turn on and off. When the home gets hot, the air conditioner unit may turn on and off at random intervals or not at all.
- Leakage can happen for various causes, the most prevalent of which being refrigerant leaks or moisture accumulation in the system’s vicinity. Both indicate that the system isn’t working correctly and that it may need to be repaired or replaced entirely. You and your family are in danger of falling unwell if the refrigerant is the source of the leak.
Many other small signs raise questions about your old AC’s durability. You can look for HVAC repairs in The Villages in case you notice unusual activities in your AC. It is advisable to get these malfunctions out of the way before reaching a point that becomes unsafe.
You can contact a trusted air conditioning service in The Villages to update yourself with all questions related to a new AC. Purchase an energy-efficient air conditioner that will ensure lower energy bills and also contribute to environmental benefits.
About Our Company
At Suter Air Conditioning INC., we have been serving our customers dutifully since 1969. With more than 50 years in the HVAC business, our team has grasped everything there is to know about air conditioning systems. Being family-owned, our employees know the importance of customer interaction and make you feel comfortable. Call us for maintenance, checkups, emergencies, or any other AC service you’d like.